Friday, November 23, 2012

Carting in the Cardigans

I'm into long, open cardigans now. They have the desirable trait of making one look skinny (er). It's kind of an optical illusion, like you're slicing off part of your fat (ouch!), since the cardigan divides the torso into vertical segments. And I can get some mileage out of those gauzy sleeveless tops I wore over a long sleeved shell in the summer, by layering them underneath the cardigan. The non-gauzy ones work just as well. The non-sleeveless ones with a pretty design on top work too. Okay, I guess I'm really saying you can layer these bambinos with anything. In a very long-winded kind of way. Hah, I made you read a whole paragraph saying basically that. Oh, the sublime art of blogging...

I'm also liking blue, as you can probably tell based on the outfits I'm putting together lately.

The necklace for this type of combo can be a challenge for me. It needs to be short, so as not to overlap the middle layer, and it's gotta match, of course, though these days, who knows? Clashing necklaces are probably tres chic. I wouldn't know.

In this particular outfit I used my handy-dandy true-blue (literally) necklace, which is starting to complain of overwork and is begging me to hire more help of the blue variety. We'll see what bargains we can find, necklace dear. We shall see.



1) Short-Sleeved White Cardigan, $5
1/2 Price Outlet (226 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11218)
 
2) Blue Sheer Sleeveless Top, $4
Value Depot (1702 Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NY 11229)

3) Blue Beaded Necklace, $1.99
Value Depot (1702 Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NY 11229) 

4) Small Black Shoulder Bag, $7.99
Conway (1613 East 16th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11229)

TOTAL OUTFIT COST
EXCLUDING SKIRT & SHELL:
$18.98

1 comment: